Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm sorry but I have to Say...

I come across a lot of friends, I always talk to different types of people from young to those who're older and today, a friend of mine, brought up some interesting topics on education and career. (Before I get to give some of my opinions on this, PLEASE be open minded enough to consider opinions of others before you challenge them.) 


Well, I personally think, universities aren't the ONLY channel for you to get knowledge. In fact, even for those who're in universities, I doubted their level of maturity and how much they actually know in this world. Knowledge can be captured if and only if that person is willing to learn, think out of the box and be adaptable to any changes in life. It's all depending to that particular person him/herself. Universities don't help much if that person don't have certain maturity to involve themselves in the "Love for Knowledge", I remember another word to represent the love for knowledge is "philosophy". So, I guess character & personality matters? It shows how much you're craving for knowledge to become wiser. 


Another topic was this, Career. Some of them thought, once they stepped into the real corporate world, or just some workforce. They will have better chances and opportunities to earn fast money. I asked, how do you define fast money? Alright, I get that. "Fast money", you may get money fast, but the matter of getting sufficient to achieve financial freedom for your future is a totally different thing. Then, I asked again. Even if you have earned all that you needed and wanted, it's just more than sufficient but are you able to maintain what you get previously? The chances of losing money can be much easier as compared to earning nothing at all from the beginning, perhaps, in just a second? The skills to earn money is essential, the knowledge to achieve financial freedom is crucial and the will to maintain the skills & knowledge of both in order to "keep" your financial freedom status is critical.


What I want to bring in here is that, many don't have much knowledge on what they're doing in life. They don't have a direction and in fact, they're just trying to hit the wall all the time. Hitting the wall is a good experience to learn and get you smarter but again, it's all depending on the person him/herself. Some fall for zillions of times and never learn anything, keep making the same mistakes. Then, your "hitting wall experience" is just sad enough to be considered as a waste of energy and your time. Some they thought, they are "okay" with what they have now. They're "happy" with what's enough now but, this "NOW" doesn't mean the "NOW" in the future. If you never have planned for your "future", I doubted that your "future" will ever plan to give you the ideal life you have never thought of for the future. In another word, I would say, ignorance kills a person slowly, it may not be "now" but I hope not it'll happen to your future "NOW". 


A person who never want to explore and learn, well, I wish you all the best. I hope you get what I mean. Knowledge is everywhere and it's just an infinite subject to talk about, to explore along your journey of life. I don't hope to see my friends or even myself to be "eliminated" by the society or even in just your community in the future. It's pretty normal, it's called the natural selection. If you're not the best, well, it's sad to say, you're not into the game. 


Sorry if I've offended any one of you. I just want to share what I see along my way. Anyway, all the best everybody. I wish everyone of you may get the ideal future of yours. Shine bright. Take care =)


Regards,
YoonKhee 

No comments:

Post a Comment